Blog post 9!

My Essay will be on a T.V series called The Walking Dead, in which my Gothic theme will be the undead or zombies. It tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, as the survivors search for a safe haven away from the shuffling hordes of predatory “walkers” or “biters” (as the zombies are referred to in the show), who devour any living thing they catch, and whose bite is infectious to humans.  I will be talking about the governor, Philip Blake, who ‘s sinister motives and many dark secrets, such as keeping his zombified daughter, Penny, locked in a cage, collecting heads of walkers displayed in fish tanks for his own amusement, and ordering his men to ambush and kill National Guardsmen and steal their supplies.  I will be comparing the governor, Philip Blake’s actions and the zombies to our society where the governor, and the zombies as his followers, tries to take advantage and control its citizens.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 9. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Blog post 9!

1. Jenny Phan says:

Wow what a tv series! Your claim is very similar with Anwar about government controling his followers. I agree with you claim , rock on!

2. clema1992 says:

Good choice in Gothic theme. Zombies are a type of undead i didn’t think about smh. From what i remember, I don’t think we discussed any zombies in class so this should be interesting. They’re a lot cooler than zombies >.<

3. This sounds like a good topic, Savitri. Since we didn’t cover zombies in class, in your essay you will have to explain exactly how zombies are a Gothic metaphor.