Blog #9

In essay #3, I would like to write about the hit TV series Supernatural. The show is based around two brothers Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester and Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester who are “Hunters” of the paranormal and strange and live under the radar of the government. They drive around the country taking on cases/jobs of hunting down and eliminating any and mostly all paranormal threats. The series includes almost any/all “monsters” you can think of, vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, ghost, shape shifters, gods of all different religions and A LOT more. All the gothic metaphors used in the series is pretty much all the ones we covered in class so I am not to sure on which I will use yet. There is hauntings/haunted houses, undead, paranoia/madness, live burial etc. The social issue that I see clearly but I can be wrong is Fear, fear of the unknown and unexplained.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 9. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Blog #9

1. Jenny Phan says:

It is ok i think you are on the right path. I was planning to use (The beastly 2013 tv series) its somewhat similar to supernatural… But mine is about crime and protection so i had trouble finding social issue too. Dont worry

2. Since there are so many Gothic metaphors, you should definitely choose one to focus on. Also, I’d like to hear more about the social issue you will be discussing in conjunction with the Gothic metaphor here.