Question # 1

I do agree Dean Moriarty is the center of this novel. The reason being because Sal has a huge interest in him in many differences in comparison with himself. According to Sal’s deep detailing of this novel, Dean’s behavior and lifestyle represents an openly light-hearted type of person. He does whatever he wants to do without being told or to do so. Whilst Sal’s behavior and lifestyle are more on the judgmental side of visually seeing and thinking differently, such as a “sticking to the rules” type of person considering he’s a writer. I’m merely assuming Sal admires Dean so much because Sal has never seek any sort of adventure in and for himself until upon meeting Dean who is adventurous and jaunty.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 3. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Question # 1

1. Rocio says:

I agree with you Rachel, I think Sal is way to obsess with Dean because Dean is like you said, adventurous, free spirit and doesn’t care what other people say about him.

2. ms.bueno says:

I agree, because the story begins with Dean and continues on about what kind of a person he is etc. Also Sal goes on this long and tiring trip just to go see Dean, and when he gets there all he wants to see him.