Journal #11

Week 11 has been filled with many ups and downs. This week is thanksgiving week and it was the first time I was away from my family for the holidays. While I thought it was going to be sad and lonely, I did not expect to be as miserable as I  thought it was. At work it was completely empty with the exception of a couple of stranglers here and there but because it was so empty my mind kept wandering to family traditions. I was unable to speak to my family because my phone broke so not being in contact with them has made things especially hard. It was on this day that I felt what adulthood would be like, being completely alone to solve your own issues the best way that you can.

On a much happier note, I had many great adventures with my coworkers. Because I’ve been closing consistently for the past 2 weeks, I have grown especially close to two, Addie and Jessica, so much so that we came up with a ship name : “Gaddica.” On thanksgiving day our job was going to have a potluck dinner and so Gaddica decided to make a Lasagna. On the day of, we went to walmart which was honestly so packed with people just like us doing last minute shopping. We bought the ingredients and went home to make it. The whole process was so heartwarming yet crazy all at the same time. It seemed like every step along the way was a complete mess but at the end of it all it came out great. Within two hours of putting it in the breakroom, it was gone. Our coordinator liked it so much he tried to take credit for it which made the evening pleasant because we all joked about it. I also got to hang out with Sam, Brittany, and Dez right which had been the first time in a long time. And my roommates and I went to Cracker Barrel for a friendsgiving meal. This week was one of the weeks where I felt the closest to the people around me.  

1 Response to Journal #11

1. Dez Cruz says:

I feel you Gabby.
    I can’t remember exactly but I once heard this phrase “we’re single but we’re not alone.” It’s a good reminder for me. I’m glad you got to spend time with peeps that care about you.

When are ya’ll coming to All Star Movies? *looks at you Sam and Brittany with glasses pulled down*