Training Days..

Training in Disney is definitely no joke! I was hired for Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood Studios which are four different restaurants, 2 quick service food restaurants, a market, and an ice cream station. They really did train me for every position possible during the first week. It was definitely a lot of work and it was very tiring but I was able to get through with it snd I learned everything I was supposed to learn before my assessment. My trainers and coordinators were actually really sweet and were a lot of help to me. They showed me how to do the things the right way and in less time. I was impressed with how clean Disney is and how strict they are with everything. During the closing shift a person like the CLT actually come into each location and does exactly what the CLT does in our main kitchen. I am very glad an grateful I am used to this and know what to expect.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Training Days..

1. What were some of the things that you learned? Try to be more specific because you will need to rely on this information when you reflect on what you learned over time. Being specific now will also help you as you become a manager and train others.

2. Cindy Lora says:

Being in Disney I have learned many things and with them I have become a better cast member throughout the weeks. In cash register I have learned how to handle a rush and ways to be efficient in the position. In the kitchen I have learned that the Walt Disney company protects their workers in order to prevent injuries for example, you are only allowed to be in the fryer for a certain time limit to protect your wrist, same with scooping ice scream, or being outside in the heat bussing. The Walt Disney Company actually tries to prevent many things for us as cast members.

3. Sade O says:

Training at Disney has been interesting and I really appreciate Disney’s ongoing care and concern for the well-being of their cast members. When I first arrived I was extremely nervous about working outside in the heat. It felt great to know that they provided water all shift and encouraged breaks to cool off. I am so happy that you are learning new things here. Any skills you attain while being here at Disney will be beneficial in the future.