Read and React#4

People from all around the world come to Walt Disney to experience the magic. It becomes our duty to make sure we keep the show and magic alive. Our coordinator and leaders are our mentors and teach us how to go above and beyond when assisting a guest. If I don’t know an answer to a guest question, I would ask other cast members who were here longer than me to help me assist the guest or a leader.Honestly. I wouldn’t be able to keep the magic alive is it wasn’t for the awesome team I work with every day. In our

Honestly, I wouldn’t be able to keep the magic alive is it wasn’t for the awesome team I work with every day. In our workplace, we have a privilege that we are able to rotate to a different attraction every hour. It is not mandatory, but our leaders gave us this privilege so the cast member doesn’t get bored and stuck in the same place all day.

The full timers here at Disney Quest have all said they hated the job, but yet they manage to stay with the company for five plus years. One cast member says they been with the company for four years. The company offered flexibility, so if you get bored you can switch roles depending on how long you work.

One of the theme in the article “Why do employee stay” was “financial needs work.”Most of the part time/ full time that work here says they need to pay their bills even though they hate their job sometimes. But I think another theme play an important role in why they stay with Disney is “friends at work.” Disney Quest will be closing this summer on July 2nd. This means cast members working there will be relocated, and their job description will be changed to something different. Also cast members that have became trainers and coordinators are now being demoted into a regular cast member. This impact can result in a loss of employees within the company. Whether they decide to continue working for the company is totally up to them.

Disney is a huge company, and therefore it will have a certain percentage of employee turnover rates. But Disney follows a certain hiring practice, which reduce the employee turnover rate, and therefore reducing the training cost.

This entry was posted in Read and React 4. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React#4

1. Being motivated by working as a team is a wonderful thing. The industry we are in is all about teamwork and having that motivate you, will take you a long way.

2. This is a big shift from years past. Over time I have noticed that the full-time castmember attitude towards CPs has shifted from hostile and non-inclusive to appreciative and supportive. This was not easy to accomplish and is the result of many actions at play: former CPs entering management levels in greater amounts, communication about how workers in the local community benefit from transient workers and more.