Read and React #2

When I read “Storms of Summer’ by Barbara Higgins and read about how the hurricane affected Florida, I could only think about the classes I had to attend when I first came to Disney. They drilled “Safe D,” into us during the classes along with the other three keys. I found it funny when the chef told me to remember “Safe D begins with me”, when I was carrying a 50 pound bag of flour.

At my job since we are not in front of the guests the only key we really need to worry about was, “Safe D.” There were many different types of precautious we have to do when doing anything. We need to wear cut gloves when cutting anything no matter what type of knife we used. Which I understand is for safety but the gloves make cutting a pain. Along with using the cut gloves we also use a universal signal in the kitchen that if there is oven gloves on a tram to be aware that it is hot and will burn you.

Also if in the case we do get injured or burned we report to the chef and from there he will instruct us to either just take proper measures to fix our injuries or call health services and help us to leave and get help. Disney ensures we are safe in anything we do and the chefs walk around the kitchen to makes sure we are implementing safety codes, and food safe.

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.