Reflective Journal #8

This week has been horrible. I am always tired; I cannot seem to catch up to speed at work. I am wondering why did I come to Disney. I am having the worst time staying up in class since I am coming from work and have been up since the previous night and will rarely sleep before working the next day.

At work we have to stick to a time schedule and certain items have to be done by a certain time and it’s only me and one other person on the shift during most of this week. Which makes me feel worse because I feel like I cannot do everything that has to be done, and the other person with me has to pick up my slack. I am so frustrated and cannot seem to get my head straight.

At school, the professors understand that I come out of work before class and are understanding when they see me passed out. They will generally tap my chair or one of my classmates who I have gotten close to, will tap my foot and wake me up. I know I can get used to this schedule and I know I can balance everything I just need time to adjust to everything.

I am thankful for the friends who helped me and have talked to me about what I have been going through. I felt so stressed out, and physically weak, I have actually been feeling my hand going numb which is seriously scary. When I told my co-workers they replied wit, my wrist just are not used to the intense labor and showed me different methods to reduce labor on my hands and wrists. On my day off I needed a reset again, I needed a reason of why I came to Disney, and I needed to forget the stress. So I went to Animal Kingdom, went on rides, tried the food, and left early so I could sleep before my shift that night.

As for my apartment, turns out I was staying in Vista however I didn’t know the apartment number of where I would be moving to nor anything about my roommates, just that next week during my days off I had to move my stuff to a new apartment. I took a detour the next day after work to the front office to see where I would be moving to. Turns out that my apartment was down the street, closer to the buses, I would be living with less people which I was happy with because in my case living with five other people who didn’t seem to care that we failed out cleaning inspection, is not working out. Now the only thing I can do is hope that my next roommates are different.

Let’s see next week on what Disney holds for me.

week 8 2 week 8 4 week 8 5

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.