Weekly Photo Journal #9

This week has been very busy at the resort. We barely caught a break these past couple of days. The front desk was very hectic with so many people checking in. We are sold out. We have reached 88-100% occupancy for the past days. This week was very challenging because we had to make much more effort to ensure that the check-in process went smoothly and to address all of the guests issues and concerns regarding their reservations in a timely manner. Also, if a guest didn’t like the room they were in, room changes were more difficult due to little or no availability.

I was looking forward to the peak season and this is the first time I handled this massive guest interaction situation. I was a bit nervous too because people look forward to enjoying their vacations and if their rooms was not ready or if they didn’t like their room or wanted to stay at a different building than the one they were assigned, it would’ve been difficult to move them to another room. Also many guests had issues with their magic bands. These are bracelets that allow them entrance into their rooms (keys) and into the parks since they can link their park tickets to the magic bands  and their reservation which I think is pretty cool and convenient. So we had to ensure that they were working properly to avoid an unpleasant experience for the guest when going in to their rooms or at the parks. I really love my job and I feel very energized and happy whenever I see a smile on the guests faces and when I see how excited they are to visit the parks and meet Mickey. Front desk cast members are the face of the company and although we get tough or challenging situations, this is an ever learning experience and we also get the most memorable moments and it’s great to be able to put a smile in people’s faces.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.