Reflective Photo Journal #6

This week I want to talk about my experience in school at Disney. I love the classes. They are fun and very interactive. One of the classes is Advance Hospitality Management. In this class we have to work on a big group project in which we have to create a business plan. It is 25 pages long and it’s due at the end of the semester. It is very challenging but I am very excited because we are able to interact with other people from other cities as well as other places in the world. The professor is very easy going and is always there to assist us whenever we have a question about anything related to not only the project but about Disney as well.

The other class I am currently taking is Human Resource Management. This one is very interesting as well because here we learn about laws and regulations implemented that help create a safe work environment for people regardless of their sex, race, religion etc. Here we have also learned about ethics and how they affect businesses and companies and of their importance. Some of the laws that we have learned about are The Sarbanes- Oxley Act- which focuses on procedures for public companies’ handling and reporting financial picture. Also the Civil Rights Act of 1964: Title VII which prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, colour, sex or national origin. Our professor also talked about the Age Discrimination in employment Act of 1967, which prohibits arbitrary age discrimination. These are some of the different laws that we have been learning about and they are mostly to protect employees at their workplace. I have been learning a lot of new things which are very important in the business of hospitality as well as in any business in general.

IMG_2170 IMG_2169

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.