Reflective Photo Journal #3

Last week I started training at my job location. I was very excited but also very overwhelmed due to the amount of procedures and information that I have to learn. I was amazed by the amount of responsibilities that a front desk cashier has when completing a check- in. I do not have any experience working in hotels but I have been learning a lot of new things that have made me even more interested in the hospitality field than before. I’m currently working at Disney’s Pop Century Resort. I love it. It can be very overwhelming at first because the hotel has been having a high occupancy rate the past couple of days. A lot of people love to visit the hotel because of its unique themes. The property is divided into different segments the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Each part of the property that falls into one of these categories has a theme that corresponds to said decade. The front desk and the lobby is amazing. very colourful and cool. They play music from each decade so you’re never bored. I’ve met some of my co-workers and they are very friendly. I was very nervous at first before starting but now I am more confident and I am very sure that this will be the beginning of an unforgettable journey.

IMG_1674 IMG_1692

Last week it was also my first day of classes. I have missed the first day due to mandatory training but I was able to catch up with the assignments. It is a large class and there are many people from different parts of the world. I find it so interesting and the classes are challenging. We learn a lot of new things in relations to Advance Hospitality Management and Human Resources. I love learning new things about the hospitality business that will broaden my knowledge as well as allow me to grow as a person.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.