Read and React #1

During traditions, the very main goal I learned was that happiness is a universal emotion and that we create it. We create happiness through three main steps, which are, stories, immersive experiences and exceptional guest service which leads to having an emotional connection with Disney’s guests.

A simple guide to creating happiness was given to us as well during traditions. This simple guide included four keys. These four keys are, safety, courtesy, show and efficiency. These four keys are very important because these are the reasons why guests love Disney and always end up coming back. Not only does these four keys apply to guests, they also apply to their cast members/employees as well. Walt Disney World was built on very solid ground, continuing on its legacy for many decades. I believe Walt Disney World is the holy grail of hospitality.

Relating to the article “training trends,” I noticed in the first paragraph they write, “if an employee quits, then it is our fault. We either hired the wrong person, we didn’t give them adequate recognition or praise or we didn’t conduct our orientation optimally.” The last part of that sentence stood out to me. Why traditions is so important is because of its value and essential training of who Walt Disney is and why the company is who they are today. Many of Disney’s employees/cast members end up staying at this company for a long time because of their excellent beliefs and service.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React #1

1. Sue says:

Disney’s Traditions was planned out efficiently for new cast members. They took time and effort to create something that is special for us. I like how you related the article to Transitions.