Reflective Photo Journal #9

After Halloween, the next holiday that takes place in Fall is Thanksgiving! Again it is no surprise that most of the cast members are scheduled to work especially the college program interns. Luckily for me, I was schedule to a Fantasmic! shift. A Fantasmic shift! is usually a casual 4 hour shift for the show, where you get to work with most of your co workers and close the food pads with them so it takes off a lot of work load.

There were two Fantasmic! show being scheduled on Thanksgiving, before the second show stats our coordinator were giving out early releases due to the attendance of the show. I decided to stay and extend my shift because I want to celebrate and work with my fellow cast members. It was an easy shift overall and we get to wish every guests Happy Thanksgiving, one guest even apologize to us because we have to work on the holidays. However being an intern and with my family back in New York, I was thankful to spend my Thanksgiving at work with my friends and fellow cast members.

Our leader of the day showed his appreciation by giving us free food from Fantasmic!, this is a big deal because we barely get free food despite the fact we work in food and beverage. It was not the ideal Thanksgiving meal but it was free and I was most thankful for the kind gesture.

My coworkers and I went to Magic Kingdom to celebrate our Thanksgiving  until the park closed at 1 am. Who would’ve thought I get to spent Thanksgiving at Magic Kingdom, going on my favorite rides and admire the Cinderella castle? I guess this is what life is like as a Disney cast member.

TG1 TG2

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.