Reflective Photo Journal #6

Part of the reason why I decided to apply for Fall semester of Disney College Program was all the holidays and exciting events that will be happening around Fall and towards the end of the year. Even though if it means more hours of work and restless nights, I will not want to miss the holidays and events that Disney World is hosting.  One of the events that my fellow colleagues from City Tech who was a Disney College Program alumni told me about was Food and Wine. It immediately caught my attention and it became one of the top reason why I applied for the Fall program instead of waiting until Spring.

This year is the 20th year of Epcot’s International Food and Wine festival.It is a festival that features food and drinks from every country. Also, this is a great place to be if you’re looking for authentic cuisines in Orlando, Florida. Although Epcot’s Food and Wine is similar to other food festivals I’ve attended like the Smorgasburg, it is still unlike other food festivals because it is not a festival that you can attend for a day. In fact, I had to visit food and wine more than twice to try all the food and drinks from every country.

All the food I’ve tasted were delicious and flavorful, my favorite ones were Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunches from Australia, Pork Slider from Hawaii and Kimchi Lettuce Wrap with Banana Soju Milkshake from South Korea. Epcot’s Food and Wine International also featured “Eat to the Beat” concert series with performances each week with artists like Boyz II Men, Chaka Khan, Smash Mouth , David Cook and more. I was fortunate enough to see Boyz II Men performed live for free. Without being 21 and in the Disney College Program, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy everything from the Food and Wine festival or the festival itself.

FW1 FW2FW3 FW4

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Reflective Photo Journal #6

1. Amanda Ducos says:

Hello Victoria 🙂 your post really caught my eye with the dishes you were able to explain and the event it self. I will be attending the Disney College Program in the spring and hope I am able to experience an awesome event like this one. This makes me really excited about the different kinds of events they offer for the spring semester. From reading the other posts I saw that most people worked the events, do you think you would have enjoyed it as much working the event?

• Hey Amanda, thank you for taking an interest on my post! I am glad I get to share my experience with the upcoming CP like you. Fortunately, there is an event called Flower and Garden coming this spring that you should most definitely sign up for. Although I can’t speak on behalf of the cast members who worked at Food and Wine, however majority of them enjoyed it more than their original role in the college program. Perhaps I’d enjoy the festival if I get to be a part of it but I was fortunate enough to have the overall experience.