Reflective Photo Journal #10

It is hard to believe that I have a month remaining until the end of this program. I am in a denial of this realization because I am not ready to go back to New York City. Don’t get me wrong I miss my friends, family and NYC a lot but I felt that being in Orlando, Florida for four months is not enough at all. In fact I still haven’t completed my to-do list, and yes one of them is completing all the assignments from my Disney Internship course from City Tech.

I never knew Disney College Program hosts graduation until my friends told me about it. I thought the idea of a Disney College Program graduation is well thought out idea because it feels nice to gain recognition of being a college intern for Disney World.

They did not have a graduation ceremony, in fact it was more of a luncheon with free BBQ, DJs and characters meet and greet in their graduation gown. We were given a certificate and a Mickey ear’s graduation cap, a poster and a memory box. I am glad that I get to attend this graduation with my friends and co workers especially Suemen because she is the only school mate that I have in this program. Best part of this was when I posted my pictures on Facebook, I have people congratulating me and thinking that I will be home in a week. It is something I am proud to brag about because not everyone gets to take pictures with the FAB 5 in their graduation gown!

After the graduation, my roommate and I went to Epcot went to dinner at Biergarten in Germany, Epcot and it was a dining package for the candlelight procession featuring Neil Patrick Harris.

GP1 GP2 GP3 GP4 Candlelight-Processional_Full_26138

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Reflective Photo Journal #10

1. A great opportunity. Disney knows how to celebrate their cast member’s success. Why do you think they do this? What long term benefits does it bring to celebrate a cast member who is about to leave the organization? When else would you use a similar event?