Read and React 5

In my Disney College Program, I took two classes and there are Creativity and Innovation and Human Resource Management. Human Resource Management is one of my favorite class because it pertains to my interest more. This class has taught me the fundamental basics of Human Resource Management and the how the department operates in the company. Over these past weeks of classes I’ve gained knowledge on the laws that not only the Human Resource department has to abide by but also the employers and employees as well.

One of the laws that stood out to me was the Polygraph Protection Act, this act was passed  cato forbid employers from private company to use a lie detector during the employee screening test. This is interesting to me because the interviewing process is always the most intimidating stage to go through, having a lie detector test seem to be unfair and unjust because the test determines the result based on the participant’s heartbeat. Therefore the polygraph test’s result might be inaccurate and effect the employment stage.

The article “Employee can sue over polygraph test, rules U.S. District Court in Virginia” is an example of how a lie detector test affects the employee’s chance of landing a job or their employment in the company. In this article, a guy lost his job because his result showed “deception” and the employer refuse to provide him with any documents that proved otherwise. This stated my reason of why I think that the Polygraph Protection Act because employers cant’ determine their trust on their employees solely based on a electronic screening test.

Reference:
http://www.lexisnexis.com.central.ezproxy.cuny.edu:2048/hottopics/lnacademic/

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React 5

1. Sumen Zhao says:

I liked the human resource management class also and was happy this was one of the classes both of us chose! I agree that the interview process is an intimidating process and that having a lie detector test would just cause more stress on an individual.