Read and React 1

“Traditions” at Disney is the most talked about event in the Disney College Program. When I first heard of “Traditions” I thought it is a special orientation welcoming a new group of cast members that has been part of a tradition in the Walt Disney World Company. Even though part of my assumptions are right, it was more than what I expected to be. “Traditions” is  not your ordinary work orientation, it is beyond the simple concept of introducing the cast members to the company and going over the basic rules, guidelines and employee benefit.

Our instructors played an important role of being a Disney cast member to make “Traditions” for truly what it is. From their self introduction, they had been in our shoes as a Disney College Program participant and decided to pursue a career in the company ever since. They had inspired me to consider my career and continue my journey in the Disney Program and also expand my position in one of Disney’s partnered company as well.

The Four Keys were introduced to the new cast members and they are Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency. It is not only important for us to remember but we have to perform the Four Keys while fulfilling our role on “stage”. These Four Keys are the keys to success of the company. It is our job as cast members to create magical moments for our guests everyday. The highlights of the Tradition was the tour the tunnel under Cinderella’s Castle, after all not a lot of people get to say that they’ve been there. At last, we finally got our Mickey Ears, name tag and the blue ID that grant us entrance to the parks.

In the article”Create Company Loyalty with New- Hire Practices”, I find it humbling that the president of the company had a humble beginning and worked his way through to position today. By creating loyalty in the company, the company puts their employee first by providing an anonymous hotline for any input or suggestions that will improve the company. In order for the existing staff to bond with the new staff, the break room had a portrait of the new staff and their history to helped them bond.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Read and React 1

1. You expressed your Traditions experience well. understanding that putting employees first will create an atmosphere of empowerment and trust that will support the goals of the organization. I hope you continue to be able to apply what you to enhance the guest experience.

2. ambar ubiera says:

Now that I read your post about traditions at Disney I am even more excited to live the experience. My name is Ambar and I will be going to Disney in Spring 2016 and I am looking forward to experiencing what is like to be part of it.

3. Sue says:

I agree when you mentioned that the four keys are the keys to success. We actually see these qualities in every successful work place. It is stupendous to know that Disney gives their cast members and their families so many informational knowledge and benefits. It is an honer to work for Disney!

4. Sue says: