Journal Entry 13

My week at Yacht and Beach did not go as I had expected. Instead of four days being at the Beach club, I was at the Yacht club for five days since I did not know anything about the meal and snack plans. I was disappointed that the coordinators did not try to teach me about the meal and snack plans. I understand that the first day I was there, they were very busy and were not able to find someone to teach, but I was sent to the Yacht Club. The second day when one of the trainer was teaching, me the coordinators just move me again. Even the trainer was thinking that is weird because there was enough people who are working that night for someone to teach me. Once I realized that, I was upset because it seems like they did not even bother in teaching me because I am only be there for a week.
Nonetheless, the other cast members at Yacht Club were all really nice and I was surprise that there was CP that work at the Swan and Dolphin. The Yacht Club was definitely a lot busier than the Swan and Dolphin. Unlike the Swan and Dolphin, the Yacht Club also sold non Disney products such as Lily Pulitzer and Tommy Bahama clothing. This help guests buy professional attire for their meetings just in case their suitcase is missing or to go to dinner with friends. It allows guests to have more option for clothes other than having Mickey’s face everywhere. Another difference was that both of these stores sold alcohol and the Swan and Dolphin do not.
This week is also cast member appreciation week and at the Yacht and Beach Club they have amazing event everyday just for their cast members. Some of the events wwre free lunch, free ice cream day, and giving out free snacks. The free ice cream was amazing because it is not the regular Mickey’s bar we can find at the parks but it was ice cream they use for the kitchen sink and it was delicious.
I was very fortune to be at the Yacht and Beach Club for a week and see how a Disney’s resort run and the guests there really enjoy their time. All the cast member enjoyed working with each other and the whole resort worked together to bring magical moments. However, at the Swan and Dolphin the front desk treated the Disney cast members different since we are not under the same company which I found odd. That should not matter, the guests should always be first.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.