Reflective Photo Journal #14

My last week of work at the Art of Animation was my most hectic but also my most enjoyable one. A lot of mishaps happened with our guests and we were shortstaffed the entire week so I was bouncing between positions by myself and ended up working a few 12+ hour shifts. I really pushed myself this week and my managers and fellow cast members showed recognition by presenting me with several Fanatic cards in just a couple of days. I was really shocked but also so grateful to have a family at DAAR who shows so much appreciation towards one another. I’m really not sure if I’ll ever find a team as close as this one.

Rebecca, one of my good friends since the beginning

A snapchat with another great friend from DAAR

A snapchat of me and another great friend from DAAR

I know that new CPs were scheduled for training the week after my departure. It’s sad knowing that I’ll be replaced by a new batch of CPs but I’m also happy for them. They really don’t know what they’re in for and I truly hope they make the best of their time at Disney.

I barely got any sleep between work and hanging out with my Disney friends for the last time. My only wish would have been for there to be more than 24 hours in a day because as the hours went by, I found myself desperately hold on to my life in the program. I actually did not go to the parks during my last week of the program although I wish I did so I could have a picture of myself wearing my graduation hat in front of the castle! I was just happy to be able to spend my last week with my DAAR family and the wonderful friends I’ve made during these short four months.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Reflective Photo Journal #14

1. Andrea says:

I’m happy you got to make so many friends at Disney. I’m leaving in January and I’m very excited for this new adventure!

2. Donna Liu says:

Hi, I’m actually going into the program during spring 2015. It sure sounds like you had a great experience during your time there, even though times might’ve seemed tough at one point. You had experiences through working, learning, making new friends/family. Hopefully, I can get the same kind of experience as well.

3. Hi, my name is Marilyn I got accepted to the program. my arrival day is January 25th and I will be working in the Housekeeping Department. By just reading your journal, made me get really excited about how amazing your experience has become. I hope my experience are as unforgettable as yours!