Reflective Photo Journal #14

My last week of work¬†at the Art of Animation¬†was¬†my most hectic but also my most enjoyable¬†one. A lot of mishaps happened with our guests and we were shortstaffed the entire week so I was bouncing between¬†positions¬†by myself and ended up working a few 12+ hour shifts. I really pushed myself this week and my managers and fellow cast members showed recognition by presenting me with several Fanatic cards in just a couple of days. I was really shocked but also so grateful to have a family at DAAR who shows so much appreciation towards one another. I’m really not sure if I’ll ever find a team as close as this one.

Rebecca, one of my good friends since the beginning

A snapchat with another great friend from DAAR

A snapchat of me and another great friend from DAAR

I know that new CPs were scheduled for training the week after my departure. It’s sad knowing that I’ll be replaced by a new batch of CPs but I’m also happy for them. They really don’t know what they’re in for and I truly hope they make the best of their time at Disney.

I barely got any sleep between work and hanging out with my Disney friends for the last time. My only¬†wish¬†would have been for there to be more than 24 hours in a day because as the hours went by, I found myself desperately hold on to my life¬†in the program. I actually did not go to the parks¬†during my last week of the program although I wish I did so I could have a picture of myself wearing my graduation hat in front of the castle!¬†I was just happy to be able to spend my last week with my DAAR family and¬†the wonderful friends I’ve made during these short four months.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Reflective Photo Journal #14

1. Andrea says:

I’m happy you got to make so many friends at Disney. I’m leaving in January and I’m very excited for this new adventure!

2. Donna Liu says:

Hi, I’m actually going into the program during spring 2015. It sure sounds like you had a great experience during your time there, even though times might’ve seemed tough at one point. You had experiences through working, learning, making new friends/family. Hopefully, I can get the same kind of experience as well.

3. Hi, my name is Marilyn I got accepted to the program. my arrival day is January 25th and I will be working in the Housekeeping Department. By just reading your journal, made me get really excited about how amazing your experience has become. I hope my experience are as unforgettable as yours!