Reflective Photo Journal #13

Graduation Day! I remember graduation day being in the same week as when my final projects were due for my classes so this was a nice reprieve from all the stress. I wish I had taken pictures with the other characters but I was too distracted by the food which turned out better than the pizza they normally serve at housing events. I also won a poster from the DJ stand by answering Disney trivia!

Graduation Day!

Graduation Day!

I felt so anxious getting my graduation hat and diploma. It was finally starting to feel real to me that my program was up. I was not ready! There were so many things I wanted to do before graduating but with a week left, how could I do them all? I tried not to panic though and resolved to just spend my remaining time working and being with friends.

That Thursday was Starlit Splash! I had actually never been to Typhoon Lagoon before then and I had an amazing time. I’m very grateful to the Typhoon Lagoon CPs who had to work that night. I found it unfair that they had to miss it and I really think there should be more done about CPs who have to work during the end-of-session event and during the two graduation days. It was a really fun experience. I never realized how many CPs there were until that day. Looking around the packed water park made me think about how many people I didn’t get a chance to talk to or befriend. Missed opportunities! However, there will always be other chances to meet new people even if it’s not through this program.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Reflective Photo Journal #13

1. Andrea Chan says:

Typhoon was amazing! It was great seeing you there. I also thought it was sad for the other CPs that were on duty that night but they were having a good time too! I was in the lazy river and the life guards were jamming to the music too. Typhoon is my favorite water park by far! I had so much fun that night. That event was definitely a great idea.
    My friends also graduated the day you did. It was so sad to see them all go–it still seems surreal that they’re back in the real world. 3 more months for me but I’m still not ready!

• Keriann says:

It really was awesome bumping into you there! I really wish there were more large-scale CP events like Starlit Splash. I also saw a lot of the lifeguards having fun so hopefully they have good memories of the event! I also felt bad for the many CPs who had to work late at Magic Kingdom though.
      I’ve been seeing a lot more posts on social media like Facebook about my Disney friends leaving and each post makes me feel like I want to go back. There’s no leaving the program! It’s sad and I really hope you enjoy these next three months!

2. Would you do this program again if they offered it to you?

• Keriann says:

That’s a good question, Kiara! If I were given the opportunity to do a professional internship at Disney, I would definitely take it. As for the Disney College Program, it would depend on what role I’d be offered. Although working in merchandise was great, I do feel like I need to get a move on pursuing my career in the hotel business. If I were able to take on a role such as front desk, I would do this program again.