Reflective Photo Journal #8

It’s been difficult eating healthily these past two months! In the beginning when I was unfamiliar with the parks and I did not go out as often, I would mostly prep my own meals. However, since I found a food buddy here, I’ve been eating outside a lot. I’ve also been frequenting The Grid, the convenience store by the entrance of The Commons. Their heroes, cobb salads, and chocolate muffins are actually really good and it’s been hard resisting them! I’ve decided that although I’ll go back to preparing my own meals most of the time, I’ll still allow myself to go out to eat without any guilt. It’s almost the end of my program (less than 6 weeks left) and there are still so many restaurants I want to try.

Last week I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for the first time with Allison and Rebecca, my friend from New Zealand.

image

Hercules Egg @ The Grand Floridian

The lobby was beautiful and filled with Easter eggs like the one above. They were mostly Disney-inspired eggs and completely made of chocolate. It reminded me of the cakes from City Tech that would be showcased outside of dining room and made me miss home!

image

Character Dining with Winnie the Pooh!

The food at 1900 Park Fare was delicious and I finally got to try their “strawberry soup.” It’s basically a strawberry smoothie and a delicious one, at that! Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Alice, and Mad Hatter came around to each table and we were able to take photos with them. My favorite characters were Pooh and Tigger. They were so adorable and full of energy! I’d love to meet them again.

image

Ahi Tuna Nachos for Two

image

Chicken Tikka Masala

I finally ate at Yak & Yeti in Asia at Animal Kingdom yesterday. It was so delicious! I shared the Ahi Tuna Nachos with my friend and we each had their Chicken Tikka Masala as our entree. Our server, Brian, was very friendly and made a lot of jokes which is always a plus and by the end of the meal, we were completely stuffed. But there’s always room for dessert…. So we headed on over to Epcot and got us some Cinnamon, Caramelized Apple, & Crumble Crunch ice cream (yes, that is the name of one flavor of ice cream)!

image

Cinnamon, Caramelized Apple, & Crumble Crunch Ice Cream

It’s my favorite ice cream in France and I would highly recommend it to anyone! While eating this delicious dessert, we started planning out when we’ll be eating at the other restaurants on our list. Our program is quickly coming to an end and Disney really has so much food to offer! I hope we can complete our list in these upcoming few weeks!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.