Journal Entry #3

It has been three weeks since I been away from the cold weather of New York City. I still miss home, but I am doing a lot better. I am less homesick compared to last week. I meet some amazing coworkers who are also a part of the college program. They are really nice since not much of the college programmers who works at the Swan and Dolphin. Even there, the employees are all nice to each other. There are nights that I end work at 11:30pm and my fellow coworkers are willing to drive me home even if they are not living in the same complex as me. I honestly really appreciate that because if I took the bus home I will get home at 1:00am. That happened once before.

Work has been fun, but also slow since the resort is not in the park and we are not that busy. We only get busy when there is a convention in the resort. When is not busy, I try my best and stock the floor because that makes the time go by faster and it keeps me busy. The part I love about my job is that I get to pin trades with guests. It is really cute when kids are delighted to see my lanyard and the pin board. I try my best to interact with kids and do things for them to walk out of the store happy. It is amazing just by calling the little girls “princess” or wishing someone a happy birthday their faces lights up.

This week I also adventured out to the park and went to Epcot. I honestly have a fear of rollercosters or any rides in general,but a friend helped me through it. Within two nights, I rode almost every single ride in Epcot. Definitely Mission Space was the scariest one. I wanted to go back to the apt after that ride, I honestly felt sick.
I wish I could go to the park with all my roommates one day, but it is hard since we all have different schedules from one another. Some time I feel that it is really hard to get to know them since I rarely see them or talk to them.

One Response to Journal Entry #3

1. Keriann says:

It can be a challenge trying to find something to do during the slow time at a merchandise shop but that’s also the best time to have a magical moment with a guest without worrying about a long line at the register. It’s also, as you’ve already mentioned, a chance to stock the floor and also familiarize yourself with the products. I love calling the little girls “Princess” and seeing them have a skip in their step afterwards. I know even though I’m not a little girl anymore, anytime a cast members calls me Princess when I’m a guest, I immediately feel happier and special!

Mission Space was not the scariest for me but yes, it did make me feel sick! Disney is well aware of this effect on people so they’ve kindly included sickness bags in each flight simulator carrier, which I’m sure has come into use plenty of times.

It must really be difficult to set up a time for all your roommates to join together, especially because you have so many! Even with my two other roommates it’s difficult to set up a dinner or park day. Hopefully you’ve made a few close roommates friends which will make your experience that much better here.