journal 13

So I decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Wednesday the 26 instead of the 27 because I was working on the 27th. My sister was in Florida which made the day so much more exciting and less depressing. I decided to cook for my roommates and myself a huge thanksgiving dinner being that we all had off that day and I wanted to celebrate my sisters birthday which happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year. It was the first time that I made an entire turkey but I have to say it came out great. I woke up at about 8am and started cooking the turkey and from that point on the day just got better and better. I dunno why but for my first Thanksgiving Dinner everything went really smooth and was relaxing to say the least. The food came out great. I prepared Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Lasagna, Green bean Casserole, Spanish rice and Pasteles or Puerto Rican Tamales and for Dessert I made Pecan Pie and even had a Birthday cake for my sister. My sister and my roommates stuffed their faces and we watched movies for the rest of the night. I also had a special visit from Carol who had the opportunity to try my cooking. Overall the day was a day to remember for years to come.

20141126_18295320141126_182940

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.