Weekly Journal 14

The last month of my Disney College Program went by too fast. The last three weeks of my program I’ve been scheduled to work 6 days because we were sold out until the week of Christmas. I must say it was probably one of the most hectic weeks, trying to get as much done before I leave. At the last minute on December 18th Thursday, was my only day off Disney had a stage show which they were playing Rent just like the Broadway show they had in New York. The live show took place at the Contempory. The cast performing live was Disney Cast Members themselves. It was an amazing show and they did a great job with the performance, as it was a first for them.

Christmas week is here. The busiest week of the year not just resorts but everywhere. Four days before Christmas I get a call from my father telling me that he will be driving to Orlando on Christmas Eve and get to my apartment on Christmas Day. Because of my father’s busy and tight work schedule I figured he would pull something like that but it was the best Christmas present ever. Luckily I was able to book a suite at Disney’s Art of Animation for the weekend and trade/give my shifts away to spend time with them. The day after Christmas my parents and siblings wanted to just drive around Orlando and get to know the area. Like father like daughter we are both adventurous and like doing what we call “extreme stuff”, by that we decided to take a ride on the helicopter and it was a first for the both of us. It was a breath taking experience; we both enjoyed the ride and saw the best view around Disney. My dad and I was amazed how big the property was. Because my parents drove from New York to Orlando they weren’t staying too long at Disney so we decided to do all four parks on Saturday, crazy yes it was but memorable. My parents and younger siblings didn’t want to do rides too much because my younger brother and sister were scared of the rides so we just walked around the parks and did character meets & greets, which were their favorite part. It was a long day and tiring day but we did it! Mission Accomplished!

It was a few short days but those were the most amazing days I had, I’ve missed my family and spending this holiday with them was the cherry on top. From a guest perspective, from the moment I walked into the resort to check in, entering the parks, every moment was magical. The service was above and beyond, it was my family’s first time at Disney and they were impressed. I can see why families decide to come and return to Walt Disney World, every moment they spend here is magical, and we, cast members, create those moments. It’s a great feeling as a cast member on how much of an impact you make for these guests that come to Walt Disney World.

10931347_857744720939148_4660538849959904564_n

(First time on a helicopter)

10885612_843162995730654_5309320028039547574_n 10625042_843254522388168_4300293888122239656_n 10153726_843288742384746_7988477464947596915_n 10891799_843479472365673_2277195447611607783_n

(Four parks One day; first park was Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and last Animal Kingdom)

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Weekly Journal 14

1. Ayesha Cuevas says:

Am glad your family had a good time, I tried doing all four parks with my sister and niece but it didn’t work out, we only did two on one day. The helicopter tour looks really cool, it was on my list of to do things before leaving but like you I also was working 6 days with only one day off with a lot to do. :/ but there will always be a next time.