Adult commitment and life-long learning Read and React#5

During the course I taken in Disney: Experiential Learning , one the things I learned is examining the importance of adult education and a commitment to life-long learning. With the class of Professor Debbi, she spoke about her experiences in life-long learning and her importance of finishing her Master’s degree to continue to educate herself. Even being a professor and teaching other students about education, she believes learning is a significant portion in life.
I admire the professor for going back to college and finishing her degree to better herself. She knows it’s important to educate yourself and continues to preach to her students that finishing college. It’s a unique experience some colleges offer, even an opportunity like working in Walt Disney World. Opportunities like this can help personally develop everyone and continue to learn.
A lot of students after graduating do not continue their studies and even read a book. Only 2 percent of graduate students read books after they have graduated. It is important to continue learning and expanding education, she says. The importance of adult education is continuing to keep the mind going with fresh knowledge. It’s great to learn something new everyday and that shows commitment to life-long learning.
I explored the concept of adult education is very important in life. I myself want to continue my eduction after receiving my Bachelors in New York College of Technology. I want to pursue my Masters in Business and want to commit to a long life-long learning. Throughout my time attending college I want to begin my career and continue my learning everyday. I explored throughout this course “anyone who stops learning is old, whether twenty or eighty years old ” -Henry ford

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Adult commitment and life-long learning Read and React#5

1. Ayesha Cuevas says:

I completely agree with you and your professor, on the importance of finishing school, and always wanting to learn. Exercising your mind isn’t as hard as people make it seem, there are also apps that can help you brush up on things that may seem easy, but also easy to forget. I always like to say, “we are all students of life”