read and react 5

During my time at Disney I took the class Human Resource Management and one topic that I learned about in class which is usually a sensitive subject for most people was about accommodating people with disabilities in your business. This class gave us all the tools we need to be great leaders and successful managers and one of the things you need to know is this particular topic. The article I chose was ” How Do You Create an Accessible Workplace?” The article emphasizes the points we learned in Human Resource Management class. The article talks about the recruitment process and how a business should first look at the job at hand and the skills necessary to do the job. The next step is to advertise the job and indicate the companies equal opportunity policy. The article also suggest to post jobs in multiple places including job boards that focus on individuals with disabilities. Another important task for the business is to train all recruiting staff on questions they should ask a person with a disability that doesn’t focus on their health. The article also focusses on Job Consideration. It talks about ensuring that any test, training material or policies are equal for all and change any of these that aren’t. The final topic is Making Reasonable Accommodations Available. This is important because it ensures that any worker with a disability is able to do the job at hand and ensures that everyone in the company feels respected and valued. For an individual without proper knowledge about individuals with disabilities in the workplace this is a very informative article. It ensures that as a manager you treat everyone equal and with respect.

http://www.americasjobexchange.com/employer/employer-articles/create-accessible-workplace

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.