Read and React #4

Keeping the magic alive is sometimes harder than it seems especially working on the concierge side. Sometimes you get guest that come to Disney, and just by giving them a balloon, a birthday pin, or there 1st time visit pin it creates magic for them. Then they are other guest that you do everything you can do for them and it still isn’t as magical for them. So how do I personally keep the magic alive? I keep the magic alive by keeping a smile on face and not letting that rude guest affect the rest of my day. By doing everything that I can to get guest what they are looking for. For example helping them get reservation to that restaurant they really wanted to go to. Another way I keep the magic alive is by is by making it fun. Sometimes while I’m checking in a family I get the kids involve especially if they look they want to be part of the process. Also just by doing little things giving kids balloons, asking guest how there day was, suggesting things to do and see, or by simply just listening to them

Answering the same question over and over can get a little annoying, but you just have to understand guest come from all over the world and what we may be used too isn’t what they are used too. I also say to myself that I’m here to help them and if that means answering the same question then that what you have to do. The company keeps the magic alive for their full time employees by showing them they are appreciated. For example you get a little award after your first year and so on, giving them free entrance to the parks for them and their spouse. They also get more holiday tickets for their family. Disney also offer them lots a benefits like paying for their education and after you have more seniority you get too basically make your own schedule.

This entry was posted in Read and React 4. Bookmark the permalink.