Weekly Journal #7

When I started my Disney journey I thought I just wanted to do my College Program and that’s it but when I had the meeting with Professor Goodlad we discussed about me giving Professional Internship or Management Internship a try. As the first few months since my program I was determined to apply and go for it because if I didn’t I know I would regret it. I spoke to my parents about it and they were 100% supportive. When applications were out I reviewed my resume and gathered other information that they needed, as I submitted my application I knew I had to play the waiting game again. After 3 weeks I finally get an email to schedule my phone interview for Professional and Management Internship. When the phone interview day came I was a bit nervous but I was confident with what I had to say and was ready, the phone interview last me about 22 minutes which I had a good feeling it went pretty well. Again I was waiting to see if I moved on to the next stage so while I was in New York on Friday and my phone interview was on Monday I have gotten an email saying I have moved on to the next stage face to face interviews. I was filled with excitement and I was happy that I was with my mom that day. I scheduled my interview for Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 at 12pm at the Contemporary. While I was in New York for the few days my main goal was to pass my road test because if I did then I had a high chance of getting the Management Internship since it is required that I provide my own transportation. Luckily I did pass which gave me even more motivation to nail this upcoming interview. A few days before my interview I got an email from the Professional Internship saying I was longer in consideration but I was still a candidate for Management Internship.

Finally the day has come I was well professionally dressed had my copies of resumes and ready to nail this interview. I must admit I was nervous but I remembered to take a deep breathe and focus what I had to do and say. It was a long interview it was about almost 30 minutes long and was asked a lot of leadership and scenarios questions. Now once again I am playing the waiting game and have two to three weeks. I must say I was proud that I did something I wanted to do and was determined to do it. I had amazing support not just from my family and friends, but most important my leaders and fellow cast members cheering me on. My leader was helping me by asking me questions and giving me advice for my interview. I felt pretty good from the interview but now I just have to wait and see what happens. If I get the offer I am more than thrilled of this accomplishment, but If I don’t I will be ok because I know I was able to get this far and I went with my word and did it rather than not.

Remember never give up and always take the risk, as long as you did your best and try. No regrets.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Weekly Journal #7

1. I’m so happy for you and wish you the best of luck. I would have been just as nervous and probably even more, since I know how competitive it is. That is really cool that your leaders where helping you out and giving you advice, shows they very supportive.

P.S. DID YOU GET IT?