Weekly Journal #3

Living on my own for the first time I thought I would be home sick and struggle with cooking. Although I do miss my family and younger siblings I’m really happy to know I have their support to the fullest because that only motivates me more to push my goals. Being independently for the first time has been an amazing experience because I get to do everything on my own, whether it’s doing my own laundry, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, and managing my own expenses. So far it’s been a great start for me, I’ve learned so much being on my own that I love it. One of the biggest challenges probably would have to be cooking. Back home I did cook but my as much as I do now. I have learned to cook my mother’s meals via face time and create my own meals by whipping up anything I have. During my time in the program and until now I enjoying cooking and learned to love it. When my roommates and I, have the same day off we decide to cook a family meal where we each make our own dish and its great to see and taste their own home cooked meal.

.photo

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Weekly Journal #3

1. I like that you are sharing you culture through food. If I may ask, have your culinary classes helped in your personal cooking?!?!?!?!