Journal #12

I have been super busy the last few weeks.

My family came to Disney for Christmas, just Mom and Dad. We stayed in our timeshare for a week, which was awesome because my manager gave me the whole week off. One thing I have to say about this program is that if you don’t care about making that much money and you want to have a good time, don’t be afraid to take days off. Don’t be afraid to call in if you really need to, don’t be afraid to not make rent and pay off the next week. It is the flexibility and free will of this program to allow you to take sacrifices monetarily.

I had an amazing time with my family and for the first time in weeks I was at the Magic Kingdom. I still had not seen the Holiday Wishes spectacular and it was really breath taking to experience it for the last time with my parents. We managed to visit all of the parks and have an awesome time. We also dined at Ohana’s restaurant at the Polynesian Resort.

When it was time for my parents to leave, it was time for serious business. I was scheduled to work 6 days straight, and that I did. It was awesome to work non stop my last week of work. During that time I realized who I was going to miss and who I was going to keep in contact with.

During this experience, I made a really good friend named Manny. He is from Arizona, and is the complete opposite of me. I think it is awesome for me to have made friends with someone from across the country because it leaves opportunity to travel in the future.

The most exciting part of me departure is the fact that I will never see any of my roommates again. They made my life in the program horrible, and made me want to terminate every day. I am lucky that I loved my job because that is what held me down in the end.

Over time I realized how difficult it is to keep this blog updated. When I first went to the meeting for this program, David urged us to keep on top of it and that it would come to bite us in the end, and he was right. This isn’t as easy as it looks, and regardless of my grade in this program, I am still proud of myself. This experience changed me as a person. It showed me my strengths, my weaknesses and other things I never even knew I could possess. I am definitely a changed person after this program, and I surely will miss Disney.

As I write this, I am home, in freezing New York. It is 10 degrees out, but I have no complaints. This is my city, I was born in it, I will die in it, there is nothing like home, I love it. Not even a few hours after I landed in NY from Orlando. I recived a job offer. I took the offer and I am now employed in the kitchen of a Queens, NY eatery named “Twist and Smash’d”. It is awesome to see the results of the program paying off so quickly. I have never been prouder of myself. I am a changed person and I have Walt Disney World to thank.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Journal #12

1. Johnny Lei says:

Sounds like a bittersweet experience for you and I expect up and downs from the Disney College Program. I just hope I will get an amazing experience with my time down there.