Journal #10

I finally graduated! Contrary to my beliefs I received completion certificates for both of my classes. It felt great to graduate and take my picture with Mickey and Minnie. For some reason, deep down, it felt like this journey wouldn’t be completed til I took that photo. I have been here for 4 months and I have definitely learned a lot. Not only did I learn about people and how to interact with different types of personalities, but I also learned a lot in my classes. I had an interesting set of teachers that really guided the way for my experience as a whole. I am not completely sure if I loved the Disney classes, but it definitely made my time here a bit more worthwhile and interesting.

disney2

Work is getting slow, my resort’s occupancy is only around 60% and we definitely feel it. There is no longer a late night rush, or a mess in the dining room. It is kind of cool because cast members are able to socialize more and I am definitely interested in doing so as my program comes to an end and I will never see most of these people again.

I am surprised how close I got with the full timers. I literally know every single employee at my location, and I am very comfortable with my managers. It is definitely awesome to be in a work place where people appreciate your hard work and dedication because without that, the job would never be worth it. Considering this is one of my first jobs in my hospitality career, I am curious what other company’s in New York can compare to the family like vibe I feel here in Orlando.

disney1

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.