Journal #9

I attended the Blizzard Bash the other night and I must admit it was pretty fun.

I find it funny because I didn’t realize how many people I have met in this program until that night. As I was walking around looking for food and a table to eat it at, I was bumping into people left and right. When I first came here I was under the impression that I wasn’t going to meet any people or make any friends. I guess it is kind of hard to fight it because the people here are nothing like home. All of the CPs I have met have been extremely friendly and sociable. I was surprised to see how many people wanted to take pictures to remember me, I was flattered.

One thing I was dissapointed with was the food at the event. This is Disney World! A culinary icon! My job! My future!…..and yet the food was horrible. I was shocked to find the event so poorly catered but with over 4,000 people in attendance I wouldn’t have expected anything else.

The music was decent, and as I danced around I bumped into 4 CityTech students! I have only seen them a few times besides Nadia who was in my class this semester but besides that I was all alone! I was surprised not to see Jonathan at the event but it was too crowded and loud for me to barely find anyone.

On another note, work is excellent as always. I have a shift tonight 7pm-1am that I am not that excited about, these weird hours kill me! Next week I am working only 6 hour shifts and I cannot wait! These 8 hour closing shift begin to wear me down after a while and disturb my sleep!

Oh, and my shoulder. When I visited home last week I went to a shoulder specialist and he requested I get an MRI as usual I didn’t have enough time and spent it running around with my girlfriend and our families. I cannot wait to get home and get this checked out, it is honestly a major deal in my life right now and causes pain 24/7. It is actually getting sore just from me typing right now so I am going to cut this short! Adios

Oh and….

ph222oto

^ The homies Alex from Michigan and Manny from Arizona

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Journal #9

1. The food was bad! And i totally get what you mean about the people here being so different from people back home! But it opens you eyes out of our bubble in New York to see how we all live in the same country but the culture of every state is so different. Happy you enjoyed yourself at the ball though!