Read and React 5

In my Human Recource Management class we explore many different sections of the Human Recource department. A concept that stuck out in my mind is the concept of a Performance Improvment Plan within the work place. I did a study on an article regarding this topic and it caught my attention.

The article “How to establish a performance improvement plan”,  teaches  the reader new ways to help employees with their job performance. This is capable through a performance improvement plan (PIP).  A PIP helps struggling employees with their work related issues, through a variety of methods. This article gives many scenarios that a PIP would help improve. For example, an employee is struggling with their job because they are not positive of their work duties. A PIP would be beneficial in this situation, as it would assist the employee. The PIP also allows employees, as well as their employers, to  figure out what the problem is and how to solve it.

A PIP relates to the four functions of Human Resource Management, mostly in the Training and Development process, regarding the development side. PIP’s help improve an employee thus developing them in their role. PIP’s occur after an employee has settled into their position, which fits perfectly in the development category.

PIP’s impact Human Recourse Management directly, as they are essential in the Human Recourse Management department to maintain and develop employees. Without PIP’s, your employees will miss out on opportunities to grow and improve. PIP’s not only help the employee in growing, but they also help the employer better assess their employees on their job performance.

I think that the article was efficient in explaining the importance of PIP’s. It explained a lot of different scenarios that a PIP would be used and truly conveyed the importance all around in a business using a PIP. In Human Resource Management it is very important to be aware of opportunities to improve your co-workers and employees, which is where a PIP comes into play. I enjoyed reading the article because it improved my knowledge on how I can go to my employer and improve my performance and knowledge at work.

This entry was posted in Read and React 5, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React 5

1. I took the same Human Resources class as you. Performance improvement plans are definitely a huge part of human resources. I like how efficiently Ryan was able to include WDW as a company and also other large companies in his lesson plans. I definitely learned a lot on his class.

2. I took the same Human Resources class as you. Performance improvement plans are definitely a huge part of human resources. I like how efficiently Ryan was able to include WDW as a company and also other large companies in his lesson plans. I definitely learned a lot on his class.