Read and React #1

Traditions so long ago but still a memory in my Disney experience. Traditions was just as i expected it to be, many told me what to expect but i had to witness for myself. When i arrived to traditions it was very breath taking to see how many people Disney contracts all over the world. So many international students with different views of what to expect working here from all over the world. There are students here from France, Norway, Morocco, Mexico, Canada, United Kingdom, Italia, China, Japan and even 10 different countries in Africa. I was surrounded by 20 different languages and dialects. It was something i never imagined seeing. While at traditions we was taught about Disney history and how it all started. From Oswald The Lucky Rabbit to Opening of Walt Disney World Theme Parks all over the world.

In addition, the coordinators also told us about different opportunities we as college program students can receive if we continue in the Disney company. There are so many ways we can can  branch out from hotel management, to engineering, to culinary and even casting. There are many routes we can branch out and start a future. Once i received my cast member ID i knew i was not only starting a job i was starting a career.

After reading the article by Tasha Fieldman. I have more to relate to because i have been longer here than most of my colleagues. I have experienced more of work. I agree with Ms. Fieldman 100 percent because when working in the kitchen you  have to make the magic yourself and you also have to self motivate yourself to keep working harder. It feels great when my chefs come to me and tell me i am doing a great job because it shows me that i am doing something right and i did not comer here for no reason.

“new hires need to have someone to talk to if they find those they work with are unable to help them. The hotline is used regularly, which helps stop confusion at the onset.
New employees also need to have a way to become integrated with the existing staff, and that is where our new hire bulletin board comes in. We highlight new employees in the break room with names, a portrait and a work and personal history. It helps them become bonded more quickly and develop company loyalty from the beginning.”

This was the exact way I was treated when i first arrived to work my first day i was introduced to my location and all of the surroundings. The next day i was doing training assessment and afterwards I went on my first training days in the kitchen.home

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.