My first weeks here in Disney World and living in Orlando

Living in Orlando has been a drastic change from living in the best city in the world; Manhattan. Not only am I living in a whole new state and environment, but I am thrown into this situation with thousands of different people from all over the world. My first week here was difficult; I missed my apartment, my boyfriend, my friends, my dogs, and most importantly my familiar suroundings. Walking to the grocery store was something I really took for granted back in Manhattann! All of my creature comforts were stripped away from me and I felt very alone. After many misrable nights and long days I came to ralization that we’re all in this situation together and I have so many opportunitys awaiting me. I have to have a positive attitude and keep telling myself that I am here in Orlando to better my future, not to find a new home. With all that said I am having a better time being here now that work has started and I am getting into a routene. Work is actually fantastic. I am working at Pizza Planet in Holleywood Studios and it is truley a joy to go to work everyday (besides the dreded bus ride there and back!). Even though I miss my home I am learning to love Orlando. I have met a lot of new people who have already changed my life for the better and I am looking forward to the next couple of months it is surely going to be an adventure.

One Response to My first weeks here in Disney World and living in Orlando

1. The initial time at Disney is often met with mixed emotions, you will find these emotions creeping back when it is time to leave your program in just a short few months. I like that you are aware that this is home for now and that making the most of your situation will improve your long term career goals. You made a great choice when interviewing and taking the position, now it is time to learn what will ultimately be beneficial to both your personal and professional life.