Journal Entry 05

screen-shot-2016-11-02-at-8-13-05-pm
In my internship, all of the design work is collaborative work with my supervisor. Our working process begins with information on my next project. He shows me some old designs that they have done for that specific feature and what the goal is. I then receive a packaged file which includes: fonts, images, and a word document. The document may include sidebar information, captions, and quotes. The last project I worked on was a Four Page Spread for the magazine’s Buzz Feature section. The headline was based on Napa Valley Film Festival. In this assignment, I worked on creating and appealing and organized layout. It was difficult since there was a lot of sections and images to include. This assignment took almost three hours to complete. Greg, my supervisor would approach me to see my progress and talk to me about my composition. I didn’t notice that my leading was to spread out. So, when I fixed it everything changed. Furthermore, Greg is constantly improving my layouts and giving me feedback. It came out really successful because I started pointing out my  mistakes and why it looked better to do the changes my supervisor asked for.