Case Studies

A great clinic experience I had was with a patient that had not visited the dentist in many years. The patient was a young male aspiring to be an actor and realized that the aesthetics of his teeth were crucial not only to his overall health, but his appearance. The patient had a combination of heavy sub-gingival and supra-gingival calculus deposits, but also moderate staining adhering to the calculus due to coffee drinking and cigarette smoking. His treatment plan consisted of oral hygiene instruction which included proper instruction of toothbrushing and flossing, scaling using ultrasonics and hand-instrumentation, polishing the full mouth with fine paste, and applying a fluoride treatment.

Before and after:

unnamed“Before having Valerie clean my teeth, every dentist appointment I’ve ever had felt like less medical procedure and more judgement day. Valerie was not only thorough and effective but accommodating, gentle and most importantly: objectively analytical about it. I left with not only the best cleaning I’ve ever had but a comprehensive understanding of what I needed to do specifically. She will forever be responsible for my oral health.”