About Me

My actual name is Vicente Gil and my hobbies include long walks on the beach and roasting marshmallows over a fire. More importantly though I am A student of A rambunctious department in New York City College Of Technology known as Entertainment Technology. Where i have been learning about (in order of least to most interested but never NOT interested) Video, Show control, Lighting, Sound, and Technical Direction. The last two of those being my main foci. I have also taken an interest in scenic painting which is a focus on its own, although nothing more than the basics are taught.

Having entered the major with no background in any of the foci. I am Fascinated by how an undecided student became in a couple of years a competent lighting technician, sound technician, and carpenter not to mention learning scenic painting. Having recently joined the work force outside the college I am happy to say that the application of the theories and techniques i have learned thus far seem to be infinitely versatile. I have found myself often saying ” yes, i know how to do that” more often than not even though i am responding to something outside my main area of study which is sound and carpentry. I still can’t tell you what or who is on Broadway but if i see a show i can take a pretty good stab at how it was done.

This is where i stand now as a student of City tech’s department of Entertainment Technology I have gone from a student going with the motion to a professional beginning to take charge of his own vessel.