Personal Statement

It’s almost two years into my nursing career and I am often asked why I chose nursing as a career/profession. The reasons are the same as when I first started.  I wanted to be a compassionate, dedicated individual who cared about the wellbeing of others. I wanted to make a difference in the lives of people wherever I went, regardless of their circumstances or situations.  It was important for me to learn everything about the profession that I had taken the Nightingale Oath in and to practice and perform to the best of my ability as a nurse. 

I earned my both my associate and bachelor degree in nursing from New York CityCollege of Technology. At this juncture I would like to become a nursing professional working towards a career in nursing leadership. My long term goal is to become a strong leader in an organization where I can utilize my abilities to influence the actions and behavior of others to foster and to support an organization to achieve its goals.  I strive to develop a keen insight into the nursing profession to improve high quality patient care and nursing standards. Moreover I seek to attain more knowledge, skills and evidence based practice to help me pursue my education further in nursing.

I love to learn and succeed academically, but most importantly I love the profession that I have chosen.  With these attributes I would like to attain the highest quality education to fulfill my endeavors.