MET Visit Reflection

I went to the Metropolitan when I was first in New York in 2012. I remember after entering the heavy entrance doors the feeling of being overwhelmed. There were so many people and school groups. After my family and I got our tickets, going to see the actually exhibit was another overwhelming experience. There was just so much to see and different period rooms to explore. When I heard we going to go as a group, I was excited to go back to see the other exhibits I did not see last time. But so many things have changed since my last visit.

Ensemble autumn/ winter for 1984-1985 by Mugler, French

Evening Dress by Thierry Mugler

As we lead by Robert, the manager of food and beverage in the MET, he walked us through the Heavenly Bodies exhibit. There was the soft tones of organ playing in the background. I felt so peaceful even as the there crowds of people to weave through. It was organized chaos as people would just stop to take pictures or just stop to observe the exhibit.

Heavenly Bodies Exhibit

The Heavenly Bodies Fashion exhibit was probably one of favorites during this visit to the MET. I liked how they utilized the whole space to feel like we were in church.

Wood carving