Professional Development Fall Internships for 2013
The New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA), a state agency dedicated to expanding the artistic and cultural diversity of the state through funding programs awarding $36 million in grants to more than 1450 organizations in the performing, visual, literary, visual, and multi arts disciplines, announces Professional Development Internships for Fall 2013. Internships are available with NYSCA’s Grant-Making Programs and offer an opportunity for a professional development in the fields of arts management and public policy.
Working alongside NYSCA’s executive and program staff, interns will provide support for a wide and varied range of projects in all aspects of arts grant-making. Interns will gain hands-on experience and valuable exposure to arts funding policies, non-profit arts management operations, analysis and evaluation of grant applications, the peer panel grant review process, and the integration of new technologies in funding. Interns may have the opportunity to attend performances and exhibitions, write reports to be shared with NYSCA staff, conduct field research, and accompany staff to meetings with the leaders of applicant organizations.
DESCRIPTION OF INTERNSHIP: GRANT PROGRAMS
- Interns will work alongside Program staff and assist in areas of program administration which may include:
- PC computer based program information management and research
- Catalogue grant application and work sample submissions
- Review submissions of video, audio, and computer work samples
- Preparation and support for Panel Meetings, operation of media and technical equipment, and taking meeting notes
- Communication with applicant organizations across the state
- Interest in arts and culture, arts management, and/or public policy
- A current or recent undergraduate or graduate student
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access along with familiarity with multimedia and productivity websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, ZoHo, Google Docs, Slideroom, etc.)
SCHEDULE: Schedules are flexible and will average 1-2 days per week, 10 – 15 hours weekly. Business hours are 9 – 5pm Monday – Friday.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must submit a brief cover letter expressing your areas of interest, and available start date. Include a resume, and forward to Director of Internships, Susan Peirez at: email@example.com