Metis Associates, a national research and consulting firm, seeks an undergraduate or graduate student for a paid internship position.
- Assisting with data collection and data management.
- Scheduling interviews and focus groups.
- Conducting basic data analyses (e.g., running frequencies) using SPSS and/or Microsoft Excel
- Summarizing data findings and visually presenting data (e.g., creating charts/figures, drafting presentations and memos, assisting with reports, etc.).
- Assisting with general administrative tasks.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student majoring in psychology, sociology, education, or other relevant field.
- Interest in education research and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and/or SPSS preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a team-based, project-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Hours are flexible and may include two to three days per week. Candidate should be available to start immediately and work through the end of the fall semester. Continuation of work during spring semester is possible but not guaranteed.
How to Apply
To apply please email your (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume, and (3) a short writing sample to Susanne Harnett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.