Development & Membership Internship, American Federation of Arts, NYC
Supervisor: Associate Director for Development
The American Federation of Arts (AFA) is seeking a part-time intern to assist the Development and Membership department. The internship provides hands-on fundraising and membership experience in a national non-profit arts organization.
• Assist with grant writing and prospect research for individual, foundation, and corporate fundraising
• Assist with research for a new membership program
• Draft correspondence and make telephone inquiries, as needed.
• Maintain paper and computer project files.
• Assist with department meetings and special events, as needed.
• Assist the department with additional administrative tasks, as needed.
• Undergraduate or graduate student (or recent graduate) interested in fundraising, membership, or non-profit work. Previous development experience preferred. Interest in arts and culture a plus.
• Strong Microsoft office computer skills, particularly with Word and Excel. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to follow-through and meet deadlines effectively and efficiently.
• Minimum of 15 hours per week (this may vary)
• This is a “non-paid” internship opportunity, course credit may be available.
• Length of internship to be determined upon interview
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume by September 10, 2013
via email: email@example.com
via fax: 212-861-2487
via mail: Human Resources
American Federation of Arts
305 East 47th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017