Download the LSAMP Fall 2012 Information Session flyer.
Interested in a summer internship? Consider the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship Program (SULI) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)!
We are now accepting application for the 2013 Summer Program.
The deadline to apply is January 10 – apply online now at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/how-to-apply/!
ORNL is the largest science and energy laboratory in the Department of Energy system. Scientific programs focus of materials, neutron sciences, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology and national security. Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSCdUJ8cavw to discover some exciting reasons why ORNL offers a great internship experience!
Benefits of the spring SULI program include:
- 10 weeks (June 3-August 9) engaged in a research project under the direction of a laboratory scientist or engineer
- career development workshops
- laboratory tours
- stipend of $500 per week
- travel reimbursement (for those who qualify)
- housing allowance (for those who qualify)
Contact Julie Malicoat at Julie.Malicoat@orau.org for additional information!
The Poetry Society of America, the nation’s oldest poetry nonprofit, seeks a highly motivated intern for the 2012-2013 academic year. The PSA internship program provides hands-on experience in the managing, development, and programming extensions of this art-nonprofit, and is an excellent opportunity for a professional and creative individual who wants to develop a career in the cultural nonprofit sector. As the office is small, interns will have the chance to work with all areas of our organization, and thus are expected to express the motivation and readiness to transition from task to task.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- A strong command of the English language
- Proven excellence in proofreading and copyediting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Pleasant demeanor that translates well to phone and office manner
- Skills with time efficiency and management
- Comfort with a PC and Microsoft-based operating system
- Ability to work in both a collaborative and self-managed environment
- A solid literary background, an enthusiasm for poetry, and basic office experience
This position comes with a $750 stipend (split over two semesters). Interns will be asked to give a 10-16 hour per-week commitment October through May. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Brett Fletcher Lauer, the Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PSA will take applications through October 15th.