Visit to the Anomaly

Visiting Anomaly was something that I will remember for a long time. To be honest I checked their website before the visit and I was thinking it was an ad agency. May be I never been to an ad agency that’s why I was curious and I was expecting a lot .

It was fascinating to know that this company has grown from single floor to somewhat 5 or 6 floors doing different kind of design work. Each floor has a kitchen wide enough space for all the designers to walk around. A floor with bar and music instrument where anyone can come and relax.

When she was explaining about Anomaly in that conference room I can imagine that this is where they pitch their ideas to various client and felt glad to sit there and listen to her.

My AHA moment was when she explained what they do usually and I came to know that Anomaly does everything. It is an ad agency as well as a graphic design studio. The name itself she explained that anomaly means some what unconventional, something they want to do and think outside of box the way they approach to a design project is different then other ad agencies. They carry out their project in groups where everyone is very flexible and they assign project on whoever is available.

What I learned by visiting Anomaly is that in design industries it is really important to have a free and fun environment where every one can interact each other, work together and share ideas together. By looking at their work place I was thinking the environment itself must have contributed a lot in its success.

I hope I can work in a place like Anomaly one day as a graphic designer. Especially when they were showing their design work such as the one Sally Hansen and its beauty product remind me of those project that we did in our graphic design classes over the years. Its encouraging to see that what we learned in class are actually being used to do business and thrill to hear how they get success.

It was good to know that we can find design industry like Anomaly because I personally I always struggling myself to decide what kind of agency I should try because till now I learned that Ad agencies mainly concentrate on selling product.