Today’s Reflection-3/10/17

Today in class we talked about some designers are not only special in their own field but they invented some kind of design style with their own ideology and how they look at the world .

The authorship of a book and authorship of a design sounds same but there are many differences. An author of a book may have written the content of the story but he will less pay attention about the layout and kind of typeface he’s going to use . but in design I think the author will be working on that style for years from the scratch and think beyond all how to present it and in what mediums .It seems while the art and design world is ever expanding and at the same time the recognition of some one work is kind of disappearing maybe because of that the idea of authorship maybe rise but that’s my opinion.

we talked about an example like David Carson . its surprising to know that he has no knowledge about art but he is so successful in design. His grunge style of design became very successful and not only people like it but they also get it . I think for design its important to think from every aspect such as from the designers side to the target audience side , that’s why its important to know your target audience.

Over all it was a productive day and learned a lot and specially knowing more of David Carson is encouraging for those who are not good with drawings but still want to pursue their career in the graphic design field .