Internship Journey

Photograph by Bonnie Kittle on Unsplash

In our final moments of college, we are faced with the task of obtaining work experience. What better way to start than enrolling in an internship position. All that time in college learning, building, connecting, and expanding on our skills is coming to a somewhat stop. It’s now time to apply the knowledge that we have all learned and use them in the real world. Making our mark and showing what we have to offer.

We have to take the first step in our carrier journey and this is where mine began. This internship will offer a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work related to a student’s field of study or career interest.

When looking for internships I started on sites like Behance, and Linkedin, and from what my school was advertising. I didn’t really get many responses back in the first week before class. However, I didn’t make that give me stress or worry. When the first week of the class started and I didn’t get any response or feedback. I began to slightly panic and get overwhelmed because I really need some answers. At one point I thought I was behind and that all my classmates already got internships. However, we are all in the same boat, to be honest. All of us were scrambling to look for an internship, while some of my classmates got theirs pretty early. The others like myself were pretty unlucky.