Project Description

Project Description

During my time at City Tech I have focused my studies mainly on scenery construction and assisted on the practicality of taking a drawing and delivering a set. My intensions on doing so is to grasp an understanding of how other components can work with the scenery by knowing the bare bones behind it. My second track became Video and learning all the basic elements on how video works, its implementations, and certain protocols. Based on the skills I have learned from these two tracks I hope to become a video programmer for live events after graduating. For my culmination, I would like to gather practical experience using my skills to run a motion tracking scenario in two separate phases. There is a high demand now in day to culminate media into any given performance or event and by acting as the programmer on this project I can fulfill incorporating the two concepts.

Phase one of the project will consist of taking the motion sensor (Kinect) in conjunction with the software and project the movement of a subject across a wall. The second phase of the project will only be attainable if the first phase is successful. Phase two of the project will be incorporating automated light fixtures via DMX to USB and allow a subject to control the rotational position of the light fixture with hand motions picked up by the motion sensor.

My technical direction skills will allow me to budget my time, expenses and builds as well as give me the experience to deal with a real-world testing environment. Here I will also put to the test my problem-solving skills to make sure that a theoretical “client” request is fulfilled. In order to enforce the real-world environment, I will use the class milestones to mark deadlines as if they were for an actual client and use presentation day as the deliverable for “show” call.