Human Resources (HR) is the most important pillar of any organization. It can be considered as lifeblood of any company. However, have you ever thought that continuing to work with just the paper files is a lot cumbersome and archaic that has large security risk too? Well, it is definitely not a feasible choice especially while storing, processing, or sharing some confidential information like background checks of employees, performance reviews, health insurance forms, or any financial information.
Therefore, implementing a professional and reliable Document Management Software like LogicalDOC can be the best approach to enhance HR functions. It will not only ensure you that you are doing each and everything to recruit as well as retain best employees, but will even make sure that you are complying with myriad of regulations as well as reporting needs. Let us explore more about such software in the following sections.
Why do you need improved HR functions?
- Increased confidentiality and security
Most of the HR-related documents are very sensitive that fall under the regulatory requirements for controlled access as well as retention. Reliable document management software offers required security for all the electronic files by controlling access at different levels. It can even record a complete history of the activity that can be further reviewed and audited.
- Improved efficiency
With proper document management software, integral HR records like resumes, applications, new employee forms, insurance documents, etc can easily and quickly be stored in a secure and easily searchable format. Electronic filing of the HR documents greatly increases efficiency by eradicating need for filing the off-site storage and cabinets and makes it quite easier to retrieve and file information.
It ultimately hastens approval processes and transfer of information along with eliminating instances of misplaced or lost files. Document management software also automates distribution of the training materials and company policies.
- Increased compliance
A complete package of document management software will allow you to cater local, state, or Federal security and privacy regulations. It will help your business process comply with the rules and regulations of your place.
What are the benefits that HR document management system offers you?
- Scan or capture every paper resume directly from your email, fax or desktop.
- Keep full record of who modified, approved, viewed and changed information.
- Add some notes to the imaged documents.
- Store and retrieve the reports easily.
- Track benefits and vacation the requests in just one location.
- Manage other important back office documents too.
- Route the resumes automatically to the appropriate managers to be reviewed. It can even route through review as well as approval process automatically.
- Add workflow to route the information of the employees and promotions through review and approval process.
- Streamline the entire lifecycle of not only hiring and interviewing, but also performance reviews as well.
- Protect all the employee records, reviews, benefits forms, time cards, etc.
- Full text search to find and retrieve information quickly.
- Ensure security and confidentiality.
A document management system is quite affordable and easy to use. It keeps track of all your HR documents including cover letters, resumes, salary increases, vacation requests, employee reviews, sick leave, disciplinary action, and much more. In case, of audit or any other task like delivering reports, you can be ensured that all your policies have properly been followed and all your records are right in order and can be accessed immediately.
Proper organization is a key to efficient business processes. Make sure to implement a right Document Management System and be more compliant and protect your company from future lawsuits.