1. Describe the techniques and solutions used to aid in the well-being of clients who were in distress.
Human Services Workers have a variety of techniques used to service clients.Clients with disabilities were left in the hands of the king. The king was a protector and provided them with their needs in life.
2. Describe the evolution of human well-being services, from the middle ages to present day by individuals, professionals and society.
In the middle ages, People weren’t very educated on mental illnesses they believed individuals were possessed by evil spirits. Early forms of treatment were to remove circular disk from the skull to allow these evil spirits to escape, chaining, beating,and starvation.People feared those with mental illness. A professional by the name of Hippocrates brought fourth a more scientific approach towards educating/ treating mental illness.In more present times Professionals have gained the knowledge of mental illness and treat it. Society i more aware and has a better understanding of those who are different from them.
3. Describe how Obama-Care’s mission is to aid the well-being of Americans.
Obama Care aid’s well-being in Americans because it helps slow down the rate of diseases etc. Obama care gives people health care that they can’t afford (saves lives).
4. Describe how social philosophies were promoted to aid in the well-being of clients/society.
Social Philosophies were promoted to aid well-being of clients/ society by allowing individualism where people worked harder ( hard work was the key to succeed) Individuals were responsible for their own failures in life .
5. Describe how the mental health movement promoted the well-being of clients/society.
The Mental Health Movement promoted well-being because financial care for the mental illness was declared to be the responsibility of the state proper facilities , hospitals, clinics were provided reassuring that patient with mental illnesses got the proper treatment and care (got what they needed).
6. Describe how the human service movement promoted the well-
being of !clients/society
The Human Service Movement Promoted the well-being of client? society because it improved condition and services that were provided to the clients hands on care was provided to every client with a mental illness making sure their needs are met.
7. Describe how entitlement benefits (Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare) promote the well-being of individuals/society.
Entitlement to medicare, medicaid, and welfare benefits promote the well-being on individual/ society because everyone can’t afford to pay high medical bills, medical insurance, nor the expense of buying food for their homes so there are assistance that can help them.
8. Describe how legislation promotes the well-being of individuals/society.
Legislation promotes the well-being of individuals/ society because helps provide patients with prescriptions drugs to help aid their sickness.
1. Describe how the trends of technology, in the field of human services, are attempting to aid a client’s well-being.
The trends of technology, in the field of human services, are attempting to aid a client’s well-being because it changes the way professionals meet their clients needs, source of communication, information management, and professional development
2. Describe how technology can promote well-being in professional development for human service workers and ultimately clients.
Technology can promote well-being in professional development for workers and ultimately clients because technology is used to provide services to clients allowing them to practice effectively,using data to make decisions for planning programs, and reporting.
3. Describe what managed care is, and how it promotes client well-being.
Managed care promote well-being because human service professionals and their clients work together t plan and provide services. Manage care is a set of tools or strategies used to manage resources and deliver human services to the client, it also controls employer’s health care cost and improve methods used by employers.
4. Describe some of the limitations of managed care and how it can impact on well-being.
Limitations of managed care can impact on the well-being of the client’s as well as the professional because it has caused the human service professional their ability to provide direct services. Shift in roles and responsibilities case managements responsibilities, demands for documentation, increase use gatekeepers can be a burn out on the professional
5. Describe what service delivery means and how it promotes well-being.
Service delivery is the relationship between the client’s and the professionals it promotes ell-being because good quality service delivery provides the client with satisfaction.
6. Describe how human service professionals pay attention to various groups in order to promote well-being of specific populations.
Human service professionals pay attention to various groups in order to promote well-being of specific populations because it allow professional to expand their knowledge and work with more diverse group of people.
7. Describe how what is happening internationally promotes or hinders the well-being of US citizens.
The events taking place internationally promotes well-being because individuals are becoming more closer as a result of technology advances and communication.Advances in communication are keeping people informed information is traveling at a fast pace. Which is beneficial long term.
8. Describe how the concept of “teaching a man to fish” promotes well-being.
The concept of ” teaching a man to fish” promotes well-being because it involves the professional providing the client with support and empowerment to grow. Growth allows the clients to take control of their lives and make decisions for themselves.
9. Describe how cultural competency can promote well-being.
Human services professionals being culturally competent can promote well-being because these professional will have gained proper skill and knowledge of different cultures.